Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Weight Loss Wednesday



I’ve been on this weight loss journey since the beginning of the year.  I started off counting calories without much success.  I only lost about 5 pounds in 2 and half months.  Then, I started a diet provided by my sister in law that used to be a professional body builder.  I lost 15 pounds in two months.  During those two months I learned so much about nutrition.  I’m not doing her diet anymore, but I am still following the same principals…lots of protein, low sugar, healthy carbs, etc.  Total I have lost 21 pounds, but over the last few weeks I have gained 3 pounds back.  This month my eating has not been on track due to vacation, a family death, and sickness.  It’s time to get back on track and knock those 3 pounds out plus more!!!

Goals for the week
100 ounces of water a day

Try protein pancakes

Workout at least 5 times

Log all food in My Fitness Pal

I am participating in Skinny Meg’s challenge and I’m LOVIN it.  She had a challenge to see who could do the most pushups (not on the knees).  I pumped out 45.  I did not win, but I was happy with my number considering I haven’t done much strength training lately due to the same reasons why I’ve been eating badly.


She also gave a challenge to burn 1500 calories over the 3 day holiday weekend.  I went to the gym on Friday to kick start the challenge.  I usually go to the gym at lunch time.  The gym is very close to my work.  So, to drive to the gym from my house on my holiday off was a pretty big deal.  I wasn’t able to complete the challenge due to family activities on Saturday, but I did get one workout in that I normally wouldn’t have.  It’s the little things.      

Linking up with  Weigh In Wednesday   Non-Scale Victories   Katie     Workout Wednesday

8 comments:

  1. Wow great progress! I love protein pancakes! So yummy and if you don't have protein powder Greek yogurt and cottage cheese can also add a great protein punch. #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The recipe I have does use cottage cheese. What do you normally put on your pancakes?

      Delete
  2. Consistency and doing what others won't or can't do are definitely keys to success! You have nice triceps! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your weight loss so far! I love the attitude you have about getting back on track. I know you'll continue to be successful :) I have a pancake recipe I love: 1/2c oatmeal, 1/4c cottage cheese, 1 egg, 1/4c fruit as batter and 1/4c Greek yogurt and some honey on top mmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress! Protein pancakes are sooo good :) Stopping by from the NSV link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome progress and yay fro my fitness pall I love that site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job! Great commitment and I like MFP also. What recipe did you use for the pancakes, just curious here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Training is something that I cannot imagine my life without. I do sports every day. In order to improve your body and health. I learned about chest and triceps exercises for women and it is often heard about the recommendation to use powerful pre-workouts or caffeine. It really works. However, I don't recommend using these things on a regular basis. First of all, it is the development of tolerance towards them. In addition, things like caffeine can sometimes reduce the concentration of certain anabolic factors, which is not desirable in bodybuilding. That's why it's okay to use caffeine in situations where you need to drastically change the time of your workout (shift it to the morning, for example). But try to get used to the new time as quickly as possible and stop using stimulants.
    Remember that your body is a very adaptive mechanism that is ready to adapt to any of your possibilities. Listen to it and do not interfere.

    ReplyDelete