Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday Five



ONE I got a smoothing treatment a couple of weeks ago.  I am LOVIN it!!  It was a little pricey, but I think it was worth every single penny.  My hair is naturally curly and frizzy.  I straighten my hair nearly every day.  The picture on the left is my hair washed and blow dried before the treatment.  The picture on the right is my hair wash and blow dried after the treatment.  My hairdresser did not use a brush when she blow dried my hair.  She just used her fingers.  After the picture was taken, she went over it with a flat iron and it looked even better.  This is going to save me tons of time when I straighten my hair.  I’m also hoping that my hair will be healthier.  I only have to go over it once with a flat iron.  Whereas before, I would have to go over it a few times.  It supposed to last for 12 weeks.     

TWO My grandma recently passed away.  I got one of her rings.  I just adore this ring.  I love the vintage look.  But more than anything, I love that I have a special piece to remind me of her that I can pass along to Hallie. 


THREE Hallie started swim lessons this week.  David has been taking her since it’s during my work hours, but I’ve been getting a full report every day.  Some days she does good, and other days she doesn’t.  That pretty much goes along with her fickle nature.   
 

In this picture, she is telling the girl to stop splashing.  Not only is she fickle, but she's bossy too.  Oh, that finger!!


FOUR One of my goals for June was to read a book.  I’m happy to say I have already accomplished this goal.  I read Where’d You Go, Bernadette.  I enjoyed the book and would recommend it to others.  It’s a light humorous book.  Several times while reading the book, I thought…wow, this is a classic case of a communication breakdown.  I’m not quite sure that’s what the author intended for me to get out of it.  I normally read self-help books, so I guess I was looking for a lesson to learn.  

FIVE I came across this picture and busted up laughing.  Yep, this is me.  And no, I don’t drink that much coke.  My office keeps cokes in the frig.  Everybody saves their caps for me. 









2 comments:

  1. So funny about the coke caps! My office saves their Lean Cuisines for me and my mom saves her cat litter boxes for "paw points" for me! Also, side note, I love your About Me. I used to love to scrapbook, but just feel like I don't have the time or money for it, that junk can get expensive! But I love blogging, and I do it because I've been told the older you get, the faster life flies by! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Saying hi from the September Farms linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lean Cuisines has points?!?! Don't tell me that. I don't need something else to collect...haha. I've actually been really good with the pampers and huggies rewards. Cashed in some recently for a $5 starbucks card.

    ReplyDelete