On his birthday, we ate dinner at Chili's, his pick.
The colors of his cookie cake was a hint for his gift.
He was super excited about his present, Oklahoma City Thunder game tickets.
In honor of Bryson's 11th birthday, here are 11 fun facts about this awesome kid!
1. He enjoys playing basketball. His interest in basketball has really spiked this year. If it's nice outside, there's a good chance he's shooting some hoops in the driveway. We have discussed joining a travel team so he can play all year long. We (hubby and I) aren't sure if we are ready for that time commitment. #goodbyeweekends
2. He loves his sister something fierce. Yes, they have their share of arguments like most brothers and sisters, but he adores his sister. And she thinks he hung the moon.
3. Picture taking is not his thing. That does not work well with this picture loving momma. When I really want him to take a picture, I sic sister on him. She's got bubba wrapped around her finger, and he caves with her puppy eyes.
4. Bryson loves him some chocolate milkshakes. Sonic and Chick-fil-a are his favorites. Friday after school shakes are a tradition.
5. His love for God just makes this momma heart explode! Some days I feel like such a failure as a parent, but it's these moments that confirm I'm doing at least one thing right.
6. Bryson is one smart cookie. He makes straight A's and is working on his reading goal of 1,000,000 words this school year. Last week, he got invited to test for the gifted and talented education program. Keep it up bubba! #collegeaintcheap #scholarshipwouldbenice
7. Bryson loves being around the elderly. He had a special relationship with my grandma and grandpa. He also spends lots of time visiting our elderly neighbors that he calls grandma and granddad.
8. He loves coffee. Yes, my child drinks coffee. That's the result of being around said neigbor grandparents above. I'm not sure you can even call it coffee with all the water and sugar that gets added. I do limit is intake to 1 cup and only 3 days a week. He gets to pick the days. I bought him is favorite coffee cup a couple years ago for Christmas.
10. This boy is a gamer. Minecraft is his jam.
11. Bryson has a heart for others, especially the needy. On our shopping trip to buy goodies for Operation Christmas Child, he wanted to buy the whole store. It was hard telling him we couldn't buy everything he wanted to. Our budget was only for 2 kids. Another time he asked if we won the lottery could we send lots of money overseas to people that need food and medicine. Absolutely!
Happy Birthday to my little guy. I love you to pieces! I can't wait to see what the next year holds for you. I am so proud and lucky to be your mom.