Monday, August 25, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up



This weekend was really laid back.  We didn’t have any plans, and it’s just what we needed after the first week back to school. 

Friday evening, the family watched The Pirate Fairy on Netflix.  Hallie was playing with play-doh while watching the movie.  She brought me a butterfly she made.  She spends lots of time watching play-doh videos on YouTube.  She’ll watch people making all kinds of things.  I guess she’s actually learning something from the videos.  



After the kids went to bed, the hubs and I stayed up way too late binge watching episodes of Orange is the New Black on Netflix.  I can already tell we’re going to have to limit Netflix, or we won’t get anything done.  While watching the show, my workout friends were texting flex pics.  These girls crack me up.  They mean so much to me.  They keep me motivated to go to the gym at lunch when I’d rather go out to eat.  I also joined Skinny Meg’s diet bet this weekend to get me back on track.  



Saturday morning, Hallie and I had some retail therapy.  She is at that age that is actually getting fun to take her shopping.  I see lots of shopping trips in our future.  We were on a mission this weekend to find her a demin vest.  Now, I just need to find one for me.  




Saturday evening, David I had a date night at Olive Garden.  I tried something new, the Parmesan Crusted Filet.  I was so disappointed.  Too bad it didn't taste near as good as the picture looks.  The steak didn't have good flavor, and it was tough.  I hate trying new things and it not being good.  That's why 99% of the time I order the same thing. 


  

Sunday was the usual…church and out to eat.  I tried to get some pics of Hallie after church, but she just wasn’t feeling it.  Can’t say I blame her.  It finally feels like normal August temperatures…..HOT.  We picked up Bryson from his dad’s in the evening and went grocery shopping.  I love when Hallie and Bryson are reunited.  They are so excited to see each other.  I hope they stay that way.




This week I'll be busy trying to tag items for the local kids consignment sale...ughhh.  It's a love/hate relationship.  I love cleaning the house and getting rid of things, but I hate the time it takes to tag all that stuff.  What does your week look like?

Linking up with
Meg for Monday Mingle
Anni  for Weekend Recap
Katie for MIMM







1 comment: