Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday Favorites - Back to School



My Friday Favorites are back to school related.  Seems fitting since Hallie went back to school on Wednesday, and Bryson goes back on Monday.  

Both kids had open house this week.  Hallie’s was on Sunday.  She looks way too big in her picture.  There were some papers and a treat on her desk waiting for her.  Her treat was some M&M’s with a cute printable.  I wasn’t able to get a picture of her treat before she devoured them.




Bryson’s open house was on Monday.  I didn’t realize until we got home that his eyes were closed in every single picture.  He also had some papers and a treat waiting for him.





Hallie was excited for her first day.  As soon as she woke up Wednesday morning, she said I’m going to see Mrs. Martinez.  She wore a cute outfit that was perfect for the first day.  



We do have some back to school traditions that we try to do every year.  Of course, there is the obligatory first day picture.  If I remember, I print off a cute printable.  




Also on the first day, I send the kids with this printable for the teacher.  I have used this printable for the past few years.  I love that it takes the guessing game out of teacher gifts for holidays, birthdays, teacher appreciation, etc.
 

We also send a little gift to the teacher on the first day.  This year, I ordered school themed cookies off Etsy.  How did I not now until recently that cookies could be ordered on Etsy?!?!  I used this printable with the cookies.



Another fun tradition for me is that I try to see how cheap I can get school supplies.  I seriously don’t understand people that complain about the cost of school supplies.  If you watch the sales ads, you can get school supplies really cheap.  I also stock up on extras for the teachers.  So far this year, I’ve spent $15.20.  I’ve still got 2 things left to get.  I should have no problem staying under $20.00.  It’s like a little game to see if I can beat the previous year.




I also take Bryson out to eat breakfast and to school on the first day of school.  Normally, grandpa takes him to school due to my work schedule.  So he really enjoys this tradition.  


 

    
Another fun thing we have done is a school supply scavenger hunt.  You can find the one we did here. 




Most of these ideas and more can be found on my School: Start Pinterest board.

Linking up with Andrea, Erikca, and Narci for Friday Favorites
Rebecca, Tiffany, Chrissy, and Ce Ce for That Friday Blog Hop
Paula for The Weekend Blog Party
Amanda at Meet @ the Barre
Karli for Oh Hey Friday 













5 comments:

  1. I love your tradition of taking your kids to breakfast on their first day of school! As a working mom myself, its those little things that they really enjoy when you can't always be there every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww scavenger hunts are so fun! I bet your kids loved that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it is back to school already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the link-up. I teach first grade and the kids come back Monday. I love the trading you have with your kids. It will be a few years before my little one begins kindergarten but I look forward to doing some of these things with her (no rush though).

    ReplyDelete