Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hallie's Frozen Birthday Party


Since the beginning of the year, we pretty much knew Frozen would be the theme for Hallie’s 3rd birthday party.  Like many little girls, she is Frozen obsessed.  Birthday planning is always fun.  I will admit…I am not creative or crafty at all.  Most of my ideas come from Pinterest.  How did I ever live without Pinterest!!!  And, I seriously could not have done it without my mom.  She always helps in bringing together all my ideas.  Oh, and I'm disappointed in my pictures.  With trying to keep up with everything, I didn't get all the pictures I wanted.  I also used a different camera than normal, and the quality just wasn't that great.  Maybe I should outsource that next time :)     

Decorations

The background




The wall that the food table was against is brick.  We started by covering the brick wall with white plastic tablecloths I bought from the Dollar Tree.  Then, we used 2 strands of icicles lights.  Next, we added iridescent door fringe covers.  It took 3 to cover the length.  I bought these from Walmart.  Last, we added some mesh garland around the top.  I bought the garland from Hobby Lobby in the Christmas section.  It's not the typical mesh garland.  It wasn't as firm. 

The food table 

We covered the food table with fabric from Hobby Lobby.  We also used another mesh garland as a runner.  Behind the cake, is a tree arrangement my mom made using spray painted sticks and Christmas ornaments.  The inspiration came from here.  We placed a cute tissue garland on the front of the table.  The garland was purchased from this Etsy shop.  I would definitely order from this shop again.  Customer service was great and crazy fast turn around.     

tree arrangement inspiration

The kid's table 


Place mats - local party store.  
Plates and plastic cups - Walmart
Straws, straw tags, confetti, and purple tape around napkins - Hobby Lobby
Napkins - Bought these when we went to Tennessee to visit inlaws.  Don't remember the store name
Forks - Dollar Tree
Aquaball - Amazon

I had this printable framed and displayed on the gift table.  The printable came from PhiloDesignz on Etsy.

 


Food

All the food served was related to the movie in same way.  Each food item had a tent card that I purchased from 2PartyPrintables.

.


We finish each other sandwiches - sandwiches
Sven’s carrots - carrots
Olaf’s snowman nose - cheetos
Olaf's snowman arms - pretzels
Kristoff’s block ice - Blue Jello
Anna's frozen hearts – white chocolate covered strawberry with blue sprinkles
A kiss to melt a frozen heart - Hershey Kisses
Melted icicles - bottled water 

I also purchased these cupcake toppers and used in the sandwiches, but I didn't get a picture.  



The cake was made by a local bakery.  They have made our birthday cake for the past several years.  Not only do they look amazing, but they have the best cakes I have ever tasted.  



I purchased this candle from Etsy.  Unfortunatley, it showed up the day after the party.  



Activities

The free printables used by the activities and favors came from Paging Supermom.



Pin the nose on Olaf


 
Playing in fake snow


This stuff is AWESOME.  I purchased it from Amazon.  I ordered 2 containers.  We had enough for the kids to play with and for favors.
   



Making snowmen





Visit from Anna and Elsa 







 
 Party Favors
  
Hershey Hugs


From PaperAndTaigh


Insta-Snow



From DarlingDesignsbySara


Everyone enjoyed the party, especially the birthday girl!!!




















No comments:

Post a Comment