Friday, August 23, 2013

5 on Friday



Happy Friday!  I'm linking up for 5 on Friday for the first time!

{One} I love how little ones get so much joy from the simplest things.  Hallie was so happy about the toilet paper tube she put on her arm.  Oh, to be little again.  This just reminds me to slow down and take pleasure in the little things. 


{Two} I always hear some parents complaining about how much money they had to spend on their children’s school supplies.  Well, I’m pretty proud of myself.  By watching and shopping the back to school sale ads, I was able to get everything on Bryson’s school list for around $15.  I can’t complain about that.


 {Three} I’m almost ashamed to admit this.  Hello, my name is Misty and I’m a Candy Crush addict.  Lately this game is really frustrating me.  I’m thinking about deleting the app from my phone.  I am stuck on level 245.  How many levels are there?  I’m ready to be done.  I feel like I’m a little kid again trying to beat all the levels of Super Mario.  If I could just see some end in sight, I might feel better. 


 {Four} I heard an interesting question on the radio this morning.  If you were given $10,000 and had to spend it in 24 hours, what would you spend it on?  Oh, and you cannot use it to pay bills or any debt.  I instantly knew my answer.  A nice vacation or several mini vacations.  I love vacations.  I just love getting away from the everyday busy life, seeing new things, and making memories with those I love the most.  What would you do with $10,000? 

{Five} I am finally finishing the book The Help after over 2 years.  I started reading the book while I was pregnant.  Baby came and book got pushed aside, like so many other things.  I only had about 150 pages left.  I’m ready to finish it so I can finally see the movie.  I absolutely refused to watch the movie until I finished the book.  I’ve enjoyed getting to read something besides blogs and magazines again.  Any suggestions for the next book?

No comments:

Post a Comment