Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Letter to Bryson

Bryson,

It’s hard to believe your six years old today!!!  Time is flying by so fast.  Soon, you’ll be graduating high school, and just the thought of it, makes me cry. 

This past year has been a good one.  You started school, and throughout the school year, I have seen several circumstances that remind me of myself.  Just like me, you hate to disappoint others.  You get upset if you get on yellow…only though it’s happened a couple of times.  Your teacher said one time she put you on yellow.  You were upset, so she gave you the chance to return to green.  Those times you’ve gotten on yellow, you always said you were sorry when you told us.  I think you were more upset about disappointing me than the act that got you on yellow.  Oh, and the time you left your speech homework at home.  You called me about it, and I told you it was okay.  You could take it tomorrow.  But you called nana crying, so she went and got your homework.  That is definitely an all mommy characteristic.  I just wonder if you’ll freak out about being late to school or school events like I did.  Hmmm…we’ll see.  Your teacher was also amazed by your incredible math skills….being able to add large numbers before addition was even taught.  This is definitely another all mommy characteristic.  

This past year we also continued to grow as a family of three, instead of a family of two.  I think you have handled it pretty good.  Actually, I think it’s been less stressful on you and more stressful on David.  It’s just all new to him.  But bless his heart; he is doing an awesome job.  I’m looking forward to the relationship y’all have to grow even more.

I pray that you will continue to learn more about Christ, and eventually accept him as your personal Savior.  It melts my heart to hear you singing Christian songs on your media player.  I pray that your desire to sing songs about the Lord doesn’t change.  Since I can’t be with you every moment of every day, I pray very frequently for protection over you.  That no evil may come against you and cause physical, mental, or emotional harm.  But most of all, I pray that you love the Lord with all you heart. 

You are such a loving boy and will always be momma’s boy.  I love you so much.  I’m so proud of you.  I cannot wait to see where this next year takes us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment