Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Birthday Boy - 3/2/11

Today was Bryson's birthday.  I have taken off work on his birthday ever since 2009 (the first non tax season birthday......HALLELUJAH!!!).  This year was a little different because this is the first year he's been in school, which means we couldn't have a whole day of fun.  However, I tried to make his day still special.  I guess I could have taken him out of school.  Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.  We started off with breakfast at J&J's.  Bryson ordered a pancake.  The waitress began to talk to him, and I informed her it was his birthday.  She said she would have a surprise for him.  She brought out his pancake in the shape of Mickey Mouse, and she sang happy birthday to him.


After breakfast, I dropped him off at school.  I don't get to take him to school very often since I have to be at work by 7:45, so he thinks it's cool when I do get to take him.  I took him some Geno's for lunch (I think he's going to turn into a pizza) and picked him up after school.  After we came home, he wanted to play  basketball.  I distracted him for a little bit while David pulled his birthday present (basketball goal) out of the garage.  We've been using a 5 gallon paint bucket for our goal.  We went outside and Bryson grabbed his ball.  He headed out to the drive way.  Eventually he spotted his basketball goal.  He dropped his basketball as he said "Oh my goodness!!!!".  He was ready to play, but we had to get ready for dinner. 


We went out to dinner at Chili's with my parents, David's parents, and our neighbors.  Some staff and others seating nearby sang happy birthday to Bryson.  I was surprised in Bryson's reaction.  He actually acted very shy and timid.  We ended the night with Uno and marbles at the neighbors, and Bryson went home wit Nana (which was perfectly fine with me after all the sugar from the cake, ice cream, coke, sweat tea, 7up, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment