Let me start by explaining why I blog. That may affect some answers. The main reason I blog is to document our life and memories. I want to look back years from now and have a record of not just those big, special moments, but also those everyday life moments that we take for granted. Besides documenting life, I love blogging for the community. I have gotten to know some pretty awesome people. It is not my intention to make money from blogging, and if that's your intention, then good. Get it girl. No judgment here. Making money off blogging would require some talent, and I'm lacking in that area.
Yeah, English was my least favorite subject. I always made A's. Little bragging....I made straight A's from 9th grade all the way through college. I may have made straight A's before that. I can't remember. I just know that 9th grade was the year grades really started to count. English was always my least favorite subject and the one subject I had to put forth the most effort. #mathnerdforlife
So now that you know that I have no plans to become a successful writer and make millions of dollars, let's get started.
1. How do you upload your pictures? Up until last week, I would upload my pictures through the Blogger app. I was getting frustrated because my pictures were looking crappy. I don't expect perfect pictures, but I expect them to look at least the same quality as the display on my phone. Well after doing some research, I figured it out. After following the steps in this link, the quality of my pictures have been much better. I also learned that I needed to upload the pictures from my computer. For some reason, uploading them from the app decreased the quality, even if I followed the steps from the link. I am the worst about downloading pics off my phone onto the computer. So, I've been emailing myself the pictures that I want to post and just downloading those to my computer. So, what is your picture uploading process?
2. So now that I know how to make my pictures look better, is there an easy way to fix my pictures from my previous posts?
3. I want to fix the pictures from previous posts because I would like to print my blog...because memories, duh. Have you printed your blog? If so, what company did you use? I think I have read about Blurb before.
4. And because very few things scare me more than losing all my pictures and life documentation, do I need to do a blog backup? How? How often?
5. I think I read Blogger has a photo limit? Like I said...I think. True? Or did I just dream that?
6. So if there is a limit, should I switch to WordPress? That would probably be the only reason I would want to switch to WordPress, unless I learn something awesome that I didn't already know. Remember, mostly family documentation. I have no desire to know anything about SEO, schedule tweets, or any of that other fancy stuff.
7. But....would WordPress make commenting better. This one I truly struggle with. Do you respond to someone by commenting or emailing them? I try to do email, but I'm finding a majority of people don't have their email setup. And if I'm doing email, are people looking at my posts thinking I don't answer anyone because they can't see a response. I really have enjoyed interacting with others and don't want anyone to think I'm ignoring them. So do you respond to comments with a reply on the blog post, or do you send an email?
8. Google+??? What? Why?
9. What app do you use to read the blogs you follow? I have tried Bloglovin' and hate it. Currently, I'm paying an annual fee to use BazQux Reader because it is compatible with my FeeddlerPro app. I just love the layout of FeeddlerPro, and being able to star and tag posts makes me really happy. So what do you use and why do you love it?
10. I'm pretty sure I have at least 10 more questions in me. But since it's just 10 on Tuesday, and not 20 on Tuesday, tell me what websites you read for blogging tips. Maybe I can find the answers to my other 10 questions.