Thursday, March 12, 2015

Easter Basket Ideas for a Preteen Boy

I'm still working on those March goals.  Yesterday I shared Easter outfits.  Today, I'm sharing my list of possible Easter basket fillers for my preteen boy.  I've been finding this age hard to buy for, but I think I've come up with a decent list.
   
BOOKS

I've already ordered the first book.  I usually try to include some kind of devotional in the kids' Easter baskets.  The last two books look fun and have great reviews.
  





OUTDOOR TOYS

We spend lots of time outdoors when the weather is nice.  Our outdoor toys gets lots of love.  Bryson actually got the stomp rocket for Christmas.  It has been a hit.  Even little 3 year old sister loves it.


Seriously, where do all the nerf bullets go?!?!  We can always use a refill. 


We've had a flying ring in the past, but not this specific one.  We had tons of fun with it until it landed on the neighbor's roof.  



You can never go wrong with water balloons.  



GAMES

Bryson and I frequently play a different version of Spot It.  I think he would enjoy this sports edition.


I really don't know anything about the game Phase 10, but it has great reviews and we are always looking for new games.  



CLOTHES

All Bryson wants to wear these days are athletic clothes.  These Nike Elite socks are popular with the boys in this area.  He would also like either a Nike or Under Armour shirt. 




OTHER IDEAS
  • Itunes gift card.  Definitely buying one.
  • Swimsuit, sunglasses, and flip flops.  I think these are great ideas, but we usually include those in their last day of school gifts
  • DVD of their favorite movie
  • Headphones.  Between the iPod and iPad, we never have enough headphones.
  • Favorite candy.  Bryson will be getting mints, gum, and sour candy.
  • Silly string
  • Yoyo
  • Coupon to skip a chore
  • Fishing lures or bullets for those that fish or hunt
  • Cash in eggs
  • Gift cards to favorite places.  I may get Bryson a $5 gift card to Chick-fil-a.  He loves their milkshakes.  He would also enjoy a gift card to the movies.   
I'd love to hear any other ideas you may have!

Linking up with Vanessa for Thinking Out Loud Thursday and Annie for Thoughts on Thursday.






3 comments:

  1. Love these ideas for Easter basket!!! Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is 10, and loves athletic clothing. Already bought some tall socks for his basket! Oh, and Phase 10 is great...one of my favorite card games!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas!! Phase 10 is long but fun. :)

    ReplyDelete